A lot of Apple iPhone 11 users prefer unlocking their device because of the countless advantages an unlocked iPhone 11 offers. The process of unlocking your iPhone 11 is quite simple. All you have to do is follow the right steps. Apart from the usual SIM card swapping, unlocking your iPhone 11 gives you access to a whole new world of possibilities. Here are a few reasons why you should consider unlocking your iPhone 11:
- When you unlock your iPhone 11, it means you can use any SIM card from any country in the world. All you have to do is purchase a SIM card and experience the best connectivity. What’s more, you can easily avoid roaming charges and other restrictions imposed by your carrier.
- Think how much simpler your life would be if you could switch networks whenever you wanted. It would undoubtedly enhance the quality of your calls and make data, internet, and other services more affordable. Thus, unlocking your iPhone 11 will save you a lot of money.
Now let’s shed light on a few simple and easy steps to unlock your iPhone 11.
Before you unlock your iPhone 11, keep the following points in mind:
- To unlock your iPhone 11, it is important to obtain your device’s IMEI number. The IMEI number of your iPhone 11 can be obtained by checking your iPhone 11’s settings or dialing *#06# on your device.
- Make sure you provide the right network to disable the blockade from the network where you bought your iPhone 11. If you don’t know which network your iPhone 11 was purchased on, you can use the network finder on your iPhone 11.
- Ensure that the IMEI number on your iPhone 11 is not blacklisted, as a blacklisted IMEI would need a different type of service.
Here are the steps of unlocking an iPhone 11:
- Use a particular network’s SIM card. It should be connected to a different network than the one that is currently active on your iPhone. Additionally, make sure you have a SIM card that doesn’t need a pin code. You may also try disabling the request for a pin code.
- Once you start your iPhone 11 and turn the Wi-Fi on, it will ask you to download an update.
- Once the update is installed, your iPhone 11 would be ready to work on any network.
In case the Wi-Fi option fails, try the following two steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a cable and an unaccepted SIM card. The SIM card must be from a network other than the one from which you bought your iPhone.
- When you launch the iTunes app on your PC, you’ll be prompted to install a minor update.
To ensure your iPhone 11 is network-free, install a SIM card from any network of your choice into your device. If the device shows a signal which allows you to make calls or send text messages, it indicates you have successfully unlocked your iPhone 11.